This fourteen night package aims to show you the best that Southern Africa has to offer at a realistic price.
- 1 night at Waterberry Lodge, Livingstone
- 2 nights at Chobe Safari Lodge, for Chobe National Park
- 2 nights at Gunns Camp, in the heart of the Okavango Delta
- 2 nights at Mapula Lodge, on the edge of the Moremi Game Reserve
- 1 night at the Metcourt Laurel Hotel 5 minutes from Johannesburg Airport
- 6 nights at the Le Mauricia Hotel on the North Coast of Mauritius
14 nights: From US$5310 per person based on two persons travelling during low season
SAFARI ONLY 7 nights: US$3214 per person based on two persons travelling during low season
Your Safari starts with a Scheduled flight from Johannesburg to Livingstone (the Zambian side of Victoria Falls), where you will be met and transferred to Waterberry Lodge. At the lodge you can enjoy birding, fishing, picnic cruises and sundowners on the river.
There is a transfer to the modern Chobe Safari Lodge, with its truly African feel, situated just 5 minutes from the Chobe National Park, and overlooking the Chobe River and floodplain.
Your safaris from the Chobe Safari Lodge are on 4X4 Game viewing vehicle and motorboat in the Chobe National Park, home to the largest concentration of elephants on Earth!
Cruising along the Chobe River and flood plains enables you to approach the wildlife and birds at very close quarters, but in all safety.
After two nights at the Chobe Safari Lodge, you will take an 80 minute light aircraft flight deep into the Okavango Delta, and land at the private airstrip Gunns Camp.
The camp is one of the few remaining vintage safari camps in the Delta. It is set under ebony trees and palms, and offers comfort, but still allows you to feel close to nature. Activities at camp are mainly water-based. A highlight is a mokoro (traditional dug-out) excursion, which is the most tranquil way of exploring the waterways of the Delta, and allow for some excellent bird and wildlife sightings. Full day excursions, including a bush walk can be arranged, complete with picnic lunch.
From here it is a short charter flight to Mapula Lodge, situated in the remote North Eastern area of the Okavango Delta. All the activities allow you to witness and experience the beauty of Africa, and you have the added advantage of being able to able to enjoy game walks, and night drives, along with morning and afternoon drives, or mokoro excursions.
Being in a permanent water area, Mapula Lodge can generally offer year round water activities, especially important during January – May when water levels in the Okavango can become too low in some areas, to allow the use of the traditional mokoro.
You take a light aircraft to Maun, to transfer by Air Botswana to Johannesburg, where you will transfer to the Metcourt Laurel Hotel, just 5 minutes from the Airport for a brief overnight stay prior to taking your flight to Mauritius.
An early morning transfer back to Johannesburg International Airport for your flight to Mauritius. At Mauritius Airport you will be met and transferred by car to the Le Mauricia Hotel at Grande Baie on the Northern Coast of the Falcon. Cosmopolitan and relaxed, simple yet cosy, Le Mauricia is one of the best four-star resorts in Mauritius.
After six relaxing nights on Mauritius, you will return to Johannesburg and your flight home.
- Scheduled flights Johannesburg to Livingstone, Maun to Johannesburg
- Return scheduled flight Johannesburg to Mauritius
- Transfers and light aircraft charters as per itinerary
- All meals (only bed and breakfast at Metcourt Laurel Hotel; dinner, bed and breakfast at Le Mauricia)
- Game views activities at Chobe Safari Lodge, Gunns Camp and Mapula Lodge
- Gratuities, items of a personal nature
- Activities at Le Mauricia